Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Final Impression of Yale


Time flew like wild birds. They came suddenly and disappeared suddenly. It’s the last day. When I stepped out of the Berkeley dining hall, I realized the last moment was approaching. Now I am sitting in front of my desk for the last time to describe the past six weeks experience and it just feels like a dream and I don’t want to wake up.

I still remember the shock of the beauty of Yale, the moving moments for compliments from teachers, the fierce debates we had, the exciting and hot school bus we took every weekend. Recalling the memories I have had here, it is hard to find any sad event except now – the leaving end.

Yes we all have to say goodbye. Even the memory can be everlasting, time, the lord, is never willing to let us make the best use of our life. Many of us came here to find a new lifestyle, but we all know the newer start begins from now.

When Carrie asked us the three things we valued most in these six weeks, I thought for a long time to pick only three most precious ones. Finally, I decided: friends and teachers, the NYC trip and the library.

Thank you, all my teachers and friends here. When I saw the slogan “Somebody at Yale loves me”, you were the first group who came into my mind. Thanks for all the kind smiles and generous help you offered me in these 42 days. I cherish all the seconds with you guys and just feel the sadness of leaving from each other. Thanks for the great lectures and lessons my dear teachers gave us. Without your efforts, I couldn’t find the way to express my feelings and thoughts in English smoothly. It is very lucky to have you be my teachers.

Thank you, NYC trip. I experienced the prosperous modern life in America and realized the real dream place I want is the peaceful small town. I remember the splendid sunset between skyscrapers and missed the vast sky that moved me in New Haven. If I have a chance to choose where to live for the rest of my life, the quiet and slow living pace is what I am longing for.

Thank you, the library in Yale. I found the joy of reading in this marvelous library and was shocked by the numerous books here. I found the truth of learning and the peace in reading. I will bring this spirit into my normal life and remember the energy I drew from those quiet reading afternoons.

Thank you, Yale. Maybe there is limited chance for me to come back here, but I will always remember you in my life like other summer session students do. Appreciation is endless and you just become the motivation for the next goal in my academic path.

We all know the dedicated people will achieve their dreams, and I hope I am one of them.

See you Yale. Thank you for creating the best summer for me in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment